Risk Control Services
York offers a comprehensive array of loss control solutions delivered by expert consultants who possess an average of 9 years of industry experience and credentials / designations that range from CSP, ARM and CHST to ALCM and CFPS.
We believe the best claim is the one that doesn’t happen. That’s why we offer a full array of loss prevention services including customized risk assessments, consultative services, targeted training for workers and managers and for all lines of business.
CUSTOMIZED RISK ASSESSMENTS
Physical Loss Control Surveys/Underwriting Assessments York Risk Control has a nationwide network of loss control experts who conduct loss control and underwriting surveys tailored to each client’s specific needs.
- Customized survey templates coupled with a seasoned expert’s assessment
- All lines of business
- Any industry
- Tailored specifically to the types of risks in your program
- Robust, customizable management reports tailored to your specific needs
- Easy online system for ordering and reviewing surveys and reports
- Fast turn-round
VIRTUAL RISK SERVICES
Our Virtual Risk Services division offers a cost-effective alternative to traditional on-site inspections. We combine telephonic interviews with internet research to produce verified data about operations, exposures and controls.
As with our physical surveys, our Virtual Risk Consultants are experts, and your consultant will have knowledge needed to assess risks in your industry. To ensure that we deliver the best results, we ask you to certify the consultants for your program to ensure your satisfaction with their knowledge of your industry, program, key loss drivers and any specific concerns.
This cost-effective approach is best suited to programs with lower exposures or consistent, historical member information. Our virtual surveys are:
- Customized to each client’s specific underwriting guidelines
- Provide verified data about operations, exposures, and controls
- Allow underwriters to quickly evaluate operations and make effective underwriting decisions
- Conducted by client-certified Risk Control Consultants knowledgeable about the relevant industry and risks
Our loss control consultants have an average of 9 years’ experience, and have earned credentials and designations ranging from SCP, ARM, CHST, ALCM to CFPS and PE. Their expert knowledge allows them to design and customize specific programs that drill down to the individual exposures you face.
The consultative approach we take means that York and our clients are partners in the process of finding loss control solutions that work for your specific exposures, circumstances and priorities. We’ll also work with you as needed to ensure successful implementation of the chosen course of action. Our services include:
- On-going safety visits and consultation throughout policy period
- Evaluation of current safety programs
- Basic Safety Training including providing basic training materials - PowerPoint Presentations, Toolbox Safety Talk literature, and a safety video library
- Development of custom checklists that you can use to manage your loss control efforts
- Ergonomic assessments
- Jobsite assessments
- OSHA Compliance (10-hour and 30-hour)
- OSHA Inspection Preparation
- Forklift Training
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Property Valuations (Insurance to Value/ITV)
MANAGE YOUR INFORMATION WITH A CLICK
York LossControlExpert, our web-based platform for managing your loss control requests and reports, allows you to order, access and manage your reports with a click. York LossControlExpert offers:
- Easy online ordering of surveys
- Inspection/survey templates tailored to your unique underwriting guidelines
- Response-specific questions that are generated based on answers given and designed to gather additional information based on exposures being identified
- System-generated customized recommendations
- Online recommendation management
- Underwriting approval of recommendations prior to them being sent
- Custom letters to members that detail any recommendations
- Follow up communications if compliance is not reported per the schedule you set
- Online response/compliance tracking customizable narrative and co-branding options
- Automatic updates to specified individuals
- Identification of common underwriting recommendations and issues for ongoing, proactive underwriting management
- Data feeds to reduce or eliminate manual request entry
The system is easy to access and fully transparent – you’ll see what the York Risk Control team sees, access real time statistics and track each account interaction. In addition, are reviewed for accuracy and our internal assignment checkpoints ensure that we deliver
York LossControlExpert goes far beyond reporting underwriting information and current loss control efforts by insureds. Our advanced, proprietary technology allows you to analyze your risk control survey data to pinpoint attributes of accounts that perform well and use this information to develop risk management best practices and enhance underwriting guidelines.
The system can also assess underwriting guideline compliance across your book of business and strategically profile insureds for future underwriting or risk control efforts.
We also understand that on-site inspections and in-person training aren’t always the right solution. That’s why we offer iSafetyExpert, a low-cost cutting edge online virtual library of safety materials.
By giving you easy online access to accident-prevention materials and safety tools, iSafetyExpert can help you proactively educate insureds and prevent claims. You can begin with our library of resources and custom select the content for your insureds. Our flexible options make it easy to co-brand and customize your own library with materials specific to your book of business.
We even offer a service that continually seeks out the latest information on specific industries, topics and lines of business to help you stay up-to-date on the latest risk management information.
To view this information as a PDF, click here.